Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's not a tornado, it's just rainy season

I woke up the other night to some strange noises. But every time I jumped in bed, of course the noise would stop. I'm not sure what JB was thinking, but I can imagine it was something like this ~  crazy pregnant girl...I can never get any sleep between her tossing and turning, and now her hearing noises. Well, eventually he heard them too and he got up to see what it was.  To his surprise, a tree had uprooted and fell on our house.

The rainy season has just begun in Costa Rica, and with that, anything can happen ~ rivers overflow, roads wash out, bridges break, all kinds of creatures appear, and apparently trees uproot and fall over. I'm just glad it wasn't a really big one that could have done some damage. 

There are tons of "unique" things that happen in Costa Rica and I'm planning on posting an "Only in Costa Rica" section once a month. I think you all will enjoy the posts...some will be shocking, some will be humorous, and some will make you wish you were here. Pura Vida!

2 comments:

Oh my gosh...I'm glad you guys are okay! In reference to your last post, I LOVE Lil Monkey's official name! :)
 
Thanks Jack!
 

Post a Comment