Friday, October 7, 2011

Preparation

Levi's finally here!  What a blessing he is for us...words cannot explain.

I've been anxiously awaiting his arrival for so long and spent many hours preparing for him: reading several baby books, reading everything on thebump.com, googling questions I had, and asking my friends that are mothers many questions....BUT now that he is here, I have discovered he is not a research paper. Being a mother is an experience, not something you can completely prepare for by reading a bunch of stuff, and is definitely unique to each mother. Now, on Day 3, I can say: Wow this is crazy! So many highs and lows because, as some of you may know, I can be a bit of a perfectionist and if I don't get something exactly right, I get frustrated and discouraged. I am learning to take motherhood day by day. I'm noticing I get very excited when something I do works out right and was even easier than I thought...and then there are those moments when I feel like I know what to do, but just can't seem to get it right...and of course those moments when I'm clueless and need to call a friend or my mom for help. JB has been great helping with Levi...he's an amazing father already! So glad he's my partner in this process...he's even given me a high five when things went smoothly for about three hours one night;) The three of us make a great team...and we will get stronger each day.

I will keep you all posted as we progress through this process. Here are some cute pics of the little monkey.




0 comments:

Post a Comment